- Current Issue
- Youth Corner
Make a Donation to ATOS!
2012-2013 Third Annual ATOS Fund Drive
Dear Theatre Organ Supporter,
For the third consecutive year, ATOS is staging its ANNUAL DRIVE, a fund-raising effort aimed at generating dollars needed to continue making the kind of strides that are moving the organization forward. And if we are to succeed in this effort, we will most certainly need your help. In the past two years, since we began these yearly efforts, your most generous assistance has helped us accomplish much:
- The new Technical Experience was a great success and begins ATOS on a path of training new technicians, and helping pipe organ owners better maintain their instruments;
- We are preparing for Year Five of the Summer Youth Adventure which continues its successful efforts in teaching young players the art of playing the theatre organ;
- We have two years of Convention Highlights recordings, allowing those who could not be there a chance to hear the great concerts, and those who were there re-live the experience;
- The University of Oklahoma Grant Assistanships provide scholarship-type funding for two students working on the Theatre Organ Archives in the OU Library. This is a great program which will soon find our archives well organized and professionally maintained;
- The Endowment Fund is the vehicle by which we help our local chapters with their pipe organ projects. A gift to the Endowment Fund indeed is one that can keep on giving.
These are just a few of the programs your generous gifts have helped create and continue. There is more to do, and it is equally as exciting. Why can’t we:
- Produce a television program/documentary that could air on a cable channel for all to see? Find more theatres, halls, churches and schools that would be interested in installing a real theatre pipe organ?
- Have the Technical Experience several times a year at several locations so many more can learn as our initial group did last year?
- Begin the serious funding, in partnership with the University of Oklahoma, so our Archive and Library can be complete, and something of which we can be proud? • Single out one major instrument each year for a full “make-over” so that more and more of our legacy instruments can be in “like-new” condition?
- Produce a campaign that will increase membership for both ATOS and our local chapters?
- Have a stunning new national headquarters theatre with multiple organ installations?
We can. We can have all these things if our membership deems it important, and is willing to help financially.
We need your help if our dreams can become reality. If we wish to answer the “Why Can’t We?” question with a positive answer, your continuing donations in your membership renewal and in this Annual Drive are vital.
A triple-request to close this letter:
- Will you please make a gift to ATOS in this Annual Drive? It can be earmarked for a specific project, or, preferably, be made unrestricted whereby it can be used where most needed.
- It’s Year End, and if you are in a financial position whereby it is advantageous to make gifts to eligible organizations, will you please consider making a major donation this year? It could make a significant difference in ATOS’ ability to continue these exciting and successful programs.
- And please be sure to renew your membership, and equally as important, bring somebody new to the party! Increasing numbers in ATOS membership is the greatest single source of help our organization can get.
The attached information below details all you need to know about the 2010-2011 Annual Drive. For those who have given in the past, our sincere thanks and appreciation for your generosity. We hope you can help us again. If you have not given in the past, we hope you can find a way to add ATOS to your list of organizations you wish to support financially. Thank you for your support of The American Theatre Organ Society.
Ken Double, President and CEO