The ATOS Technical Corner is for those interested in the mechanical workings of a theatre pipe organ. Although related to other types of organs, the unique characteristics of the theatre instrument can be learned via the resource of this and its linked pages.
The ATOS Technical Experience is a one-week seminar that provides hands-on training for anyone interested in the technical aspects of the theatre organ. The experience covers a variety of subjects ranging from moving about an organ chamber, care of pipes, tuning, blower control, winding fundamentals, chest restoration and much more.
Details for the current Technical Experience can be found on the Technical Experience page.
Ask the Experts
Questions will be answered in our new Technical Journal appearing here. Click to view the journal or to submit your question to the committee.
Technical Reference Documents
ATOS National Registry
ATOS Technical Awards
- Award of Technical Excellence
- Restoration and Preservation Award
- Technical Consultation Program
- Volunteer Technician Award
- Crew Chief's Certification of Service Award - Past Recipients
- Crew Chief's Certificate of Service Award - Award Criteria